I've been putting off finding a new photography spot for the larger quilts I do. There's really no great spot at this house. I wish I had a uniform background on these. Today I finally set up my clothesline between a couple of pillars on the back patio. At least it faces north, but you'll notice I waited just a bit too long to get the above shot today because the sun just started to peek around the corner. I'll plan better next time.
This quilt was made for the #quiltsforpulse quilt drive that the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild is heading up. I finished it quite a while ago, it just needed a photo! It will be off in the mail tomorrow to arrive ahead of the September 15 deadline. The heart blocks are improv pieced from slabs of solid scraps using this heart block tutorial. I hope that this bright and happy quilt will comfort someone involved in that horrible tragedy.
In other community quilt news, I have these two which will be donated to my local guild's community quilt program. The first one is another string pieced block using all the scraps in the bin. I experimented with doing some wonkier diagonals, but I don't think I like the effect.
This little folk art applique quilt is an oldie! I had the center panel and red borders in progress and finally decided to just finish it off. I think it's cute, but it isn't really my style anymore. I'm sure some little one will love it. I just realized while writing this post that I forgot to add the bird's eye, so I did a few embroidery stitches there and now it's all set.