This quilt should look rather familiar. I won these strips of fabric at the guild Christmas party last year. I like them, but they're not my style so much. I decided to use them for a community quilt a long time ago and just got around to it. First I sewed up all the strips. They were the width of the fabric- about 42", but then I cut off two 5 inch wide strips to make Daria's little quilt. The rest were simply backed and quilted to make a nice sized baby quilt (approximately 32 x 42 inches).
I hunted around in the stash for a suitable backing and found this great stripe that I had gotten on clearance. I added a bit of Kaffe Fassett Aboriginal Dots for the filler and the binding. Voila! A quick quilt that will warm a new local baby some day soon. The guild retreat starts tomorrow, so things will be quiet here for a few days. I'll come back with photos and news of new quilts and all the fun!