Today's musing over at SunMoonStars was about this method of creating a sun/moon/star burst. I found myself so intrigued I dropped everything and started making. The star below was the first one, the pieces above came afterwards and need to be finished. I do need some sunflowers for my Second Chances quilt, so I made several of them to give it a try. The version top left is a little what-iffing with a square center and I may add more points.
I've already added the first star made with this method to the top right (above).
The center was created with an off cut from the moon. The points are made with the backside of this great Kaffe Fassett print.