It's hard to believe, but I started blogging on July 28, 2005! I sure never suspected I'd still be doing it 10 years later. I also had no idea what sort of stuff would happen in the interim. It's been an incredible decade. I've made so many friends through blogging, learned so much, and shared so much. You can actually go back and see that very first, rather unassuming post by clicking on the archives in the sidebar.
In fact, there are so many posts that I still haven't finished re-organizing and cleaning up the old posts that I moved over here. For those who don't know, my first blog was called Knit One Quilt Too, the second one was called Stitching Hands. Finally, I got smart and chose to just use my name.
The past 10 years have really seen my quiltmaking career take off. 10 years ago I never would have guessed I'd eventually be a Featured Quilter at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. I never would have imagined that I'd be entering quilts in juried quilt shows- that was for the quilters who made "perfect" quilts. A decade is a long time!
I am so thankful for all of you who read my words. Whether you comment or not I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. It does sometimes feel like I'm sending missives into the void, and then, out of the blue, I'll get a comment or note of thanks. That always makes my day!
So, here's to blogging and here's to another 10 years! I want to spread the love a bit more by sending one lucky reader one of these 5 mini art quilts. Here's what you need to do to be in the running:
- Leave one comment on this post (and only this post) telling me the title of which of the above 5 pieces is the one you'd like to win.
- Be sure to include your contact info in case you win. If I can't contact you easily another winner will be chosen.
- Share my website/blog info with friends. You can do this on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other way you choose. I won't be checking up on you, but I'm sure you know all about karma. :-)
- I will use a random number generator to choose the grand prize winner.
- 10 other lucky winners will get an assortment of greeting cards featuring my work.
- You can enter no matter where you live.
- Comments will close Friday July 31 at 6 pm Pacific. I will attempt to reach winners at that point, but will choose another winner if I don't hear from you by Saturday August 1 at 6 pm. Time will be of the essence next weekend as we will be getting ready for a trip.
- Thank you for being here, thank you for playing along, and good luck!