The Wish Upon a Card fabric postcards were due yesterday for consideration for framing and for the Michael Miller Challenge. I spent all day finishing these, but got them delivered just in time. The challenge fabric was available in two colorways, but I went for my comfort zone and chose the brightest areas of the print. I paired the challenge print with hand dyes, except for the green print above. The balloons and the bird are created with needleturn applique. The beach houses are with fusible (when I really had to finish it fast!). I think the beach houses are my favorite, though the bird is a close second.
These are created with crinoline as a foundation, then layered with regular batting and backing. The crinoline provides a bit more stability than just the batting. As I said before, I keep trying methods to get the best feel for a postcard. This seems like a good solution for something that's not so stiff.