A long necked beast is emerging from my needle. Yesterday I just had to take a break from working on Autumn in New York. This beast is made from the silk samples I got a few months ago at the Sisters quilt guild. I finally got through the whole pile of samples which I washed, dryed and ironed. There was so much lint and loose threads to remove from them. Now they are just lovely and ready to be used. The technique used here is called skitch skatch, something I learned from Jude. In this method, the shape is drawn on the background fabric and the applique patches are cut and sewed to fit within. It was a lot of fun to do. Now I just have to do some embellishment stitching and finish it up!