Here's some of what I've been doing lately. Putting together the puzzle pieces of Ryan's quilt. I really like how this is working out. It is a trick though, to make everything fit together.
I can't remember if I've shown this quilt top here before. These little row houses are from one of Kaffe Fassett's books. I put the blocks together perhaps over 2 years ago. A few months ago a pulled them out and added the appliqued windows because it needed a little something. I just put the borders on the other day.
This quilt is a real oldie. I pieced this with foundation papers (NEVER AGAIN!) during our year in Hawaii over 5 years ago. It was soon after that I realized I can't hand quilt with batiks and then we moved here where such a tropical quilt seemed out of place. It's just been sitting and waiting for a backing. Well, I got the backing pieced and will take it to a longarm quilter as soon as can find her info.
I'm going to keep working on Ryan's quilt so I can get it off the floor. A design wall would be really handy right now! I don't want to put it away until the pieces are together so I don't have to figure it out again. Then I want to baste the top two so I can get down to the hand quilting!