Here are the other two Halloween quilts which I've decided to keep for now. I like the panel version (just like the one for Chloe in the last post) which I quilted with the walking foot and the serpentine stitch on my Bernina. For the chevron I had to go searching high and low to get enough of the black print (Cotton and Steel Spellbound collection Skull Dot Metallic). I really like how it came out though. The zigzag chevrons really pop on that one. The back is made with some of my favorite scraps. At this point I've used up all my Halloween, except for a select bunch of Cotton and Steel Halloween prints from the last couple of years. I have a plan for them, but it may be a while before I execute the plan.
This string quilt is made like all the other ones I did earlier this year. I like to create with scraps on a muslin foundation which just seems like the easiest way to manage the edges. I cut them slightly bigger than the trimmed block and I never have to worry about making it slightly too small because the muslin is there as a guide. I started with 10.5 inch squares of muslin, cut the black triangles from slightly larger squares and then added the strips which are varying widths. When the squares are filled I trim them to 9.5 inches. Then they are pieced together as you would any regular squares with the seams pressed open to reduce bulk. See my String Pieced Potholder Tutorial for more info.
Hope you have a fun and spooky Halloween!