I finally got to blocking Argosy last night. What a wonderful knit. I enjoyed the pattern once I got used to it. Actually a few weeks ago I lost the pattern and had to print it off again. I found that knitting charts had been added and it was significantly easier to remember the pattern once I had seen it written out in chart form. This wrap is long! It's 105" by 15". If I were to make it again I think I would make it wider and shorter. The story of how I started this wrap is here.
This is Noro Silk Garden. I don't think I have the colorway information anymore. I didn't pay any attention to the way the striping went. When I came to the end of a ball, I just started another one randomly.
So, another big finished object! I'm making progress here. The scrap blocks are coming along. I can't believe how much time it's taken. I only started last weekend, but I still have strips that haven't been incorporated. I think by the time I'm done I'll have several quilts out of these! They'll probably be wall sized or smaller, but still... I have noticed that I tend to make certain blocks have a color theme, so I think I'll divide them up along color themes somehow. Also, I got tired of making just crumb style blocks and ended up doing some liberated blocks according to Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran's Collaborative Quilting. That was lots of fun. Photos to come soon!